Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church
Mission: The MOMBC Sisterhood’s mission is to mobilize Christian Women for leadership and to set an example and plant the desire in young girls and teens to serve God, Family, and Community.
Purpose: Our purpose is to make sure that each sister grows in faith and in the knowledge of God and activate each sister for service to God so that they will be ready for the return of our Savior.
Goals: The goals of the MOMBC Sisterhood are fourfold:
1. To assist each female member of the congregation to find her place and purpose in the church.
2. To cultivate and promote the Christian life of sisters through the studying of God’s word, worship, Christian stewardship,
leadership, and service.
3. To equip sisters to become PROVERBS 31 WOMEN, ready for the servant-leadership to their families, church, workplace
4. And finally, to create a nurturing environment for the mind, body, and soul that will be a safe haven through the sharing and demonstration of God’s love.
Supporting Scriptures: So God created man in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female created he them. –Genesis 1: 27
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. –Proverbs 31: 30
When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, Woman Thou Art Loosed from thine infirmities. –Luke 13:12
Duties and Activities: (The list below is not all inclusive, but can and will be modified by God’s guidance.)
1. The MOMBC Sisterhood Ministry will sponsor informational workshops, Women’s Conferences and events for all ages
that promote the mission purpose and goals of this ministry.
2. The MOMBC Sisterhood Ministry will hold meetings on a regular basis as deemed by the group. The MOMBC Sisterhood
will provide assistance to the elderly women of the church showing the love of God in action.
3. The Sisterhood will plan retreats and outing s to edify, unify and restore the mind, body, and soul.
Membership: Every female member of the MOMBC is a member of the Sisterhood Ministry. *Honorary members include those sisters who frequently visit, assist and participate in sisterhood activities at MOMBC.
Chairperson: Organizing President is Deaconess Teresa (Pickens) Edwards on 12-19-14. REV. 12/19/16, GMMType your paragraph here.